Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Friday, May 13, 2005

Aren't they attractive

Everyone lately is 'wowing' about how good Nicole Richie looks and how 'hot' Lindsey Lohan is. I mean, take a look at this -- Wow! They really are HOT! I mean, look what starving yourself can do for your image.
I read this thing the other day (sorry I can't remember where for the hat tip) that was all about how women shave this and wax that to get rid of 'embarrassing' body hair. The culmination of the article was that the current definition of what is 'attractive' isn't at all about women, its about little girls. I've had my theories, as many who know me have heard, about the fascination that men have with the 'brazilian' wax. If you don't know what this is, look it up. Basically, my theory was that its a bit disturbing because the only people who don't have what the 'brazilian' harshly takes away from you, are children.
But the comments in this article seemed to be so true. The rage of skinny, while no where near where it was in the 90's, is still ongoing. Women must remove this hair and wax that hair, have no body fat, small hips, etc. The list could go on. But the point is, that is not a woman. She is meant to have those things. And for all you men out there who say "I don't subscribe to that 'skinny woman' phenomenon". I say, yes you do. Just do a quick interent search and try and find out some measurements on one or two famous women who you think are 'hot'! Most of them are below 125 pounds and below 5'7". In case you can't visualize that, it is very skinny. In high school I weight 120 pounds and am 5'7". I have been described as looking 'too skinny'.
Men, start appreciating women for who we are and WHY we are different. And no, I'm not blaming men or society for Lindsey or Nicole, they are idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney