Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Thursday, May 12, 2005

As the NFL Turns

So much going on the NFL that us football fans are having a hard time waiting for the season, especially those Eagles fans (not me!).
But, as T.O. is still crying about his contact--the Eagles say they will NOT renegotiate--a hero is found in New England.
Mark my words, Tom Brady will go down as one of those rare players who is so good at football, and so good at being a good person, that he inspires people to become Patriots fans even though they don't live in New England. The last time I can conceieve of something like that happening was with Dan Marino. My brother grew up during Marino's hey day and the undefeated season and to this day, despite living in suburban Philadelphia, is a Dolphins fan.
Brady will be the same.

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me
feel any better,'' he told me. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game,
the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it
going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after taxes,
is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team.''

I'm not a Patriots fan, but I am whole heartedly a Brady fan. How can you not be? Not only is a mind-alteringly gorgeous, but a great football player, a good person, and a team player. I say this in spite of the fact that he has possible intentions to go into politics and it seems quite possible he might be a Republican (he was at the State of the Union address as a guest of Bush).
Oh T.O., this is what you so obviously do not get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney