Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Friday, July 22, 2005

Warning..broken promise ahead

I know I promised I would focus on more reasoned discussion here, and I think I've done a pretty good job so far, but this one was just too easy.

Michelle Malkin slams the WashPo Style section for their critique of John Robert's family fashion the other night. I find it a bit tasteless and pointless to bother critiquing the family, but, this IS the Style section.

For God's sake, a mother and her children just wanted to look nice for the most historic moment in her husband and their daddy's life--and the Style attack dogs turn it into an opportunity to sneer at and dump on a loving family. Read the whole thing if you can stomach it.

She's a couple notches up on the anger meter eh? But there is only one way to respond to something she describes as 'a new low'. How? By going even lower and linking to the picture of Alexandra Kerry and her unfortunate see-through dress choice.

That is some good logic there Michelle. How tasteless for the WashPo STYLE section to critique a family's...um, style. It's much better done on a political blog where you can actually show pictures of a woman's breasts. Show 'em how its done Michelle! You are the master of 'new low's'.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

Malkin is a bit exteme here, as she often is, but I do think that the critique of Robert's family was over the line and unneccessary.

The peice struck me as incredibly pretentious and condescending.

Lileks has a screed up that says it better than I could.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Katinula said...

I agree, I thought the critique was tasteless, as I thought the family was impeccably dressed. But, thats fashion for you.

"Fashion": pretentious and condescending by definition.

But either way, I wasn't sure how poor Alexandra Kerry's breasts were to blame.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney