Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Carrying a flag?

I am by no means carrying a flag for the left. I carry my own flag and do not answer for others opinions. While my opinion sometimes, or perhaps most times, is complimentary to the left, I am by no means a flag bearer.
Having said that, check this out:

  • Someone who actually blames Clinton for 9-11. I think this might even be too much for some Republicans. I have no response to this as people who hate Clinton this much often can't be convinced of anything associated with him. I mean, somehow we're able to attribute things to him that didn't happen during his 2 terms and things that did happen during his 2 terms have nothing to do with him.
  • By historical policies, I mean the training of the mujahadeen to fight off the Soviets. After arming them and training them we left them high and dry. It wasn't a stretch to see that after turning back the Soviets, they had nothing left, except hatred. I am by no means saying this is a reason for 9-11 or for the current extreme fundamentalim, but I am saying it is valueable to study these policies so that we don't make the same mistakes again.
  • I agree that democracy is the savior of all, I just don't agree that its our job to bring it everywhere. There might be times and places to assist citizens that yearn for that democracy, but I have not one ounce of confidence that this is the reason we went to Iraq. In fact, I think if I remember right it had something to do with weapons of mass destruction. Please Republicans, stop acting like you all wanted to be the saviors of the world, you all thought it was weapons of mass destruction and national security too.
  • Republicans didn't see that Trent Lott couldnt be the leader they needed. They changed the rules and changed them back when they realized all the attention they were getting because of it. I believe the purge of House Ethics Committee Republicans is up to 3--all of them who voted against the initial rule change.
  • I never link to updates on the Iraq war (except the elections, which were a historic event). Day by day or month by month updates are ridiculous as the success or failure of this war will be determined many years in the future. However, I do feel that someone should be held responsible for the disastrous, by all accounts, planning.
  • By the way, you trump Michelle Malkin like she isn't for the Japanese internment
  • I can't believe that anyone believes that the goverment retaliation by outing an undercover CIA agent is an overblown story. C'mon now.
  • "I have the utmost respect for anyone who served, active duty or not." Well, I double dog dare you to start denouncing the smears against John Kerry, a man who served OUR country. (a topic I write about somewhat often).

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Come on K, I am not blaming Clinton and you know it. I am blaming Islamofascists who hate us for the freedom we fight to protect. Clinton did not take action when he should have and we have and will continue to pay a price for it.

As for training and arming the Afghan resistance, should have not assisted them. Think about the other event s at the time, Iranian students held hostages for 444 days and the Soviets were moving toward the gulf.

Osama bin-Laden enjoyed our largesse when we assisted the Mujahideen, he hated us becasue we had troops (especially females) in the Arabian theater. He has said this numerous times.

As for Iraq, read Bill Kristol's book about the neocon view of the Iraqi war entitled The War Over Iraq, it gives a much more detailed view of why we invaded Iraq. Saddam was a threat and has proven in the past that nothing would stop him from his goals.

As for Michelle Malkin, I think she is wrong in her view about the internment of Japanese citizens and have said so in the past. I don't drink the Republican kool-aid like the majority of Dems do.

I am not a hypocrite either as are Atrios and Kos, slamming Jeff Gannon (Guckert) for possibly being gay, that's just sick.

Lastly, explain the smears that John Kerry has endured. You never gave credence to the Swift Boat guys and there was a lot more of them then supporters of Kerry. As a veteran, I am appalled that a guy would bring a camera to a war zone to film himself.

As for commenter Z--Dude, you're whacked. I personally know K. and we have had this discussion in person many a time. You can comment on my site any time you wish, but please come with several things:

An intellectually honest argument;

Knowledge of the topic; and

a somewhat open mind.

Oh' yeah, bring your a-game.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney