Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jumping through the hoops

Been reading and watching a bit of the Roberts confirmation hearings...they are mind-numbingly boring. However, Roberts still impresses me. His answers are conservative and that doesn't bother me and I am also glad that he stated his respect for precedent and cleared up the fact that his 'faith' will not prohibit him from following the rule of law. So far, I think he should be confirmed by a large majority.

I am not saying I dont think he should be grilled...he should be. But he is performing well. I do agree, to a point, that he should answer how he would rule on certain cases. For example, saying he would respect the Roe v. Wade and Casey v. Planned Parenthood precedents is enough confirmation for me--I don't need to hear him say 'I will never work to overturn Roe v. Wade'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney