Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Just when you thought evolution was the worst idea under attack...

We get this gem from 60 Minutes last night. Disclaimer: I did not watch this program. But I have read up some on the 'Silver Ring Thing' and their supply of tax-payer money.

A scary quote from the program:

“My own daughter, my 16-year-old daughter, tells me she’s going to be
sexually active. I would not tell her to use a condom,” says [Silver Ring Thing
founder Denny] Pattyn. “I don’t think it’ll protect her. It won’t protect her
heart. It won’t protect her emotional life. And it’s not going to protect her. I
don’t want her to get out there and think that she’s going to be protected using
a condom.”
But wouldn’t his daughter be more protected with a condom than
without? “Not long term,” says Pattyn.

As they say, read the whole post and do some research of your own on where your tax dollars are being spent. It seems to me that there have got to be more worthy and more HEALTH-CONSCIOUS domestic programs where we could be directing this money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hammer said...

These guys managed to get $1,000,000 from the federal government to get 1,000 teens to take the virginity pledge. That's $1,000 a pop. Who knew bad advice was so expensive?

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney