Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Friday, January 13, 2006

There's no crying in baseball

Someone explain to me why I'm supposed to be moved by SCOTUS nominee Samuel Alito's wife crying during the hearings. There are several reasons why I'm not only NOT moved and unsympathetic, but honestly, I feel the woman should be ashamed of herself.

First, in what you knew was going to be a complete and utter grilling of your husband, to put it bluntly, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I'm quite positive both he, and probably you, have been briefed many times over on what the Democrats tactic was going to be in these hearings. The Concerned Alumni of Princeton (CAP) story has been out for a while and you must have known some Senator was going to bring it up. You can say what you will about those tactics, however, you knew it was coming.

Secondly, she should be ashamed for allowing herself to become part of something that she should be completely and wholly uninvolved in. This is about her husbands qualifications and his judicial philosophy. By allowing herself to lose control, she became the story and will likely influence public opinion just by shedding a tear. I'd be ashamed of that.

And lastly, she lost control. Listen, there are many times during work or professional occasions or even in public, where I have been close to shedding a tear. I will not allow it. The times I have cried at work, I have been monumentally ashamed of myself. It is inappropriate and uncalled for. She lost emotional control over herself and that should not have happened.

So no, I have no sympathy for her and I already think the Democrats have been pretty pathetic in these hearings, so she doesn't change my opinion on that. Its not news, its entertainment and ratings and feeds the lowest common denominator...emotion. I won't allow myself to get caught up in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

You forgaot the talking points:
"It was Lindsey Graham's Fault". Now you're back in good standing with Howie Dean and the DNC.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney