Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Fun

Oh Hindrocket...please, PLEASE try and keep up with the blogosphere if you are going to make comments like this:

It's no wonder that Alito wasn't interested in pursuing this any further, but Kennedy's suggestion that the paragraph he read constituted some kind of ideological statement is silly. "People nowadays just don't seem to know their place." Does Kennedy think that's really how conservatives talk? (Maybe he considered it plausible because that's what Kennedy actually thinks.)

Because, this, which made its way around the blogosphere in the beginning of the week, makes you look like a complete assclown.

Even before DeLay's announcement that he would abdicate his leadership post, top Bush advisers tell TIME, the President's inner circle always treated DeLay as a necessary burden. He may have had an unmatched grip on the House and Washington lobbyists, but DeLay is not the kind of guy--in background and temperament--the President feels comfortable with. Of the former exterminator, a Republican close to the President's inner circle says, "They have always seen him as beneath them, more blue collar. He's seen as a useful servant, not someone you would want to vacation with."

I'll go with a YES, I think thats how some conservatives talk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

Interesting that you support the idea that this is how conservatives talk with something that doesn't even claim to be a quote from Bush or any other known conservative.

I saw that powerline post, I would be interested in your take on the substantive issue that the article Kennedy quoted from is satire and that CAP was no where near as evil as protrayed.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I agree with Dave, I am a conservative and I don't think I talk like that.

Kennedy quoted a satire piece.

Please, K. it's got to be a bit tough to defend a party that has as their standard bearers a former Kleagle of the KKK and a guy who allowed a woman to drown and waited til he discussed the situation with his lawyer before alerting the police.

Another non-starter, just like the NSA leak and the numerous other angles you've all tried.

This is simple; become a party of ideas and alternatives and we'll take you seriously. The Dems are a fragmented group who have nothing to provide of use.

We need an opposition party in this country and have not had one in 5 years. We need a party who doesn't disown its big thinkers at the first sign of contrarianism.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Katinula said...

Wow...um, it was humor gentlemen. I believe I think I said thats how 'some' conservatives talk.
How do I feel about the hearings? I've already stated they were a joke and that I think the Democrats were full of hot air. How do I feel about CAP? Less evil than portrayed but factually against the admission of minorities and women, and not because they were against so-called quotas...go here (http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2005/11/alito_and_cap.html) and needed to be answered for quite frankly. However, I do support, somewhat cautiously, his confirmation, as I've stated before.
Scott, where did you go. I think Hannity has invaded your body. Good luck with that.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Dave Justus said...

Fair enough. My humor is often missed as well.

I certainly won't argue that some conservatives are racist and sexist.

CAP was certainly a good old boys network. Alito's membership doesn't make a lot of sense from that regard as he doesn't fit the 'good old boys' profile as well. My guess is that CAP sent out a mailing in the early 80s highlighting the ROTC issue, Alito responded to that without any other real knowledge of CAP, and when looking for something to put in his resume to the Reagan administration he found a likely candidate. Not really a big deal.

Scott, I agree with Katinula that you are going a bit overboard. Personally, I wish conservatives would forget about Byrd being a grand kleagle and Kennedy's Chappaquiddick incident entirely. Whatever the faults of those two men, they have consistently won election in their states with these facts being known. Lets attack their ideas on the merits without engaging in ad hominems or resorting to a hypocrisy arguement.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney