Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Wothy of a post

Well, I haven't posted in ages. I suppose mostly due to discontent with our current political discourse and not having really much to add -- in a positive manner-- to it. Still reading blogs, as always.

I read something today that I find not only interesting, but monumentally important and wanted to share.

Money quote:

But I would like to give pause to all those who imagine that Iran is a place of undifferentiated evil, malice, oppression, and fanaticism, or our natural and rightful enemy. There is hope there. The difficult question is how best we might nurture it.

Hopefully, not at the end of a gun. Please read the whole thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

From everything I have read, the Iranian people are nice, friendly, and would make great allies of America. The Mullahs in charge of them are evil though, and I don't use that word lightly.

How serious a threat Iran is to us and our allies, is somewhat unclear, but I am fairly sure that an Iranian nuke would result in a whole lot of very bad things, mostly Iran's increased support for terror and probably tightening their grip on their own people.

Nurturing the desires of the Iranian people is a grand thing, but I am pretty sure that as long as the Mullahs retain the will, and they show no sign of losing it, only a gun will set those people free.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney