Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Today is election day and I only have one direction...go vote. No matter who you vote for, exercise your civic responsibility and participate in your democracy.

Already, there are reports of voting problems...machines not working and such. Right and left leaning blogs are linking to stories of problems, especially in Ohio this morning. This is a joke.

I was always a little wary of voting on computers, however at my polling location, I've never had a problem. But reading reports, I didnt realize the complex machinery out there...scanning machines and such. If we can't get machines that work, or can't staff polling locations with people who know how to fix the machines, we need to just go back to simple hard copy ballots. It more important that the votes are counted accurately than they be counted easily, by computer. I mean, six years after the irregularities and problems of the 2000 election and we still have machines that aren't working?

I don't make any predictions, I just hope that the Democrats gain at least one chamber of Congress. Thats looking likely and its the most I hope for right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Justus said...

I agree with having a paper trail. But despite the problems that machines have, they actually have a lower error rate than hand counting.

We will never have 100% perfect elections, humans being falible and entropy existing in the universe.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney