Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The beginning of a religious war? Updated

The Pope made some comments last week that riled up Muslims around the world. Actually, who it riled up were Muslim political opportunists who then proceeded to incite rage and anger in their populations in order to strengthen their own hold on power.

What did this anger produce? A true martyr to God. A woman who served God and died asking for forgiveness, not for herself, but for her murderers.

How do we combat this type of irrational hate? I'm not sure anyone knows the answer. I don't believe the answer is more violence.

But I do know the answer isn't this. To become just like them. If you compared this video to the indoctrination that Palestinian children recieve, sadly, there wouldn't be many differences.




Update: I should add that I unequivocally support the Pope's right and freedom to say whatever he wanted to say, those who are offended be damned. There is no right to NOT be offended. That goes for Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhist...anyone. The fact that his comments were responded to with violence shows just how desperate these power-hungry leaders are. Rather then helping themselves, they are sewing the seeds of their own irrelevance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

The Pope is in full-on backpedal mode and that worries me.

The difference between radical Islam and moderate Islam is blurred by their actions to the Pope quoting centuries old literature.

The Pope knew exactly what he was doing and knew what the reaction would be. Why back down? I know his apology was not a true apology but why even apologize if you'd done nothing wrong?

I semi-take that back. Any man who's been married has apologized for things he hadn't done. But the Pope has never married so maybe it's something in the genetic makeup of males.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Katinula said...

I agree. The Pope had nothing to apologize for at all. Whether he was quoting an ancient text or those were his own words. Why he is back pedalling I have no idea, I can only assume it has something to do with humility and being holy? who the hell knows, but he offends me all the time and I haven't gotten an apology yet. I guess I should go kill a nun.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney