Reasonably Ascertainable Reality

Thoughts and musings on current events and other random occurrences.

Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Friday, August 05, 2005

Not sure I care...

So John Corzine took some change from his pockets and gave some to a woman who he was in a relationship with, who happens to be the head of one of the largest unions in the State of NJ.

Senator and gubernatorial candidate Jon S. Corzine loaned the president of New Jersey's largest state workers union $470,000 when the two were romantically involved three years ago, then forgave the debt last year.

I have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this story. Some might call me naive or say I'm being partisan, but I have to disagree on this one. First, I'm well aware of the pay-to-play legacy in NJ and the all too little reforms happening. Secondly, I'm not exactly sure I'm voting for Corzine come election time. I was really hoping Republican Diane Allen would run, but she didn't, so Corzine might be my only choice. Certainly not hapless Doug Forrester. I would welcome Christie Whitman back with open arms! Where are you Christie!!!

I would definitely be more outraged if they weren't in a relationship. But money lent, from a man worth as much as Corzine is, to his significant other at a time when she was attempting to buy out her husband from her house, seems to me to be on a personal level.

If more information comes out, then I might re-examine, but on the outset, I'm not too worried about this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

This could be potentially more hurtful:

http://app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050805/NEWS/50805001

And this is just plain shady:

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news-2/1123221583136530.xml&coll=1

It won't matter, Forrester is a bad candidate and Corzine will win by 15% if other more damaging things don't emerge.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find an Attorney